CARRICK MEDICAL CENTRE NEWS DECEMBER 2021
NEW COVID BOOSTER CLINIC , FRIDAY 7 TH JANUARY 2022
There will be a walk -in Covid 19 Booster Clinic on Friday 7/1/22 at Carrick Medical Centre, from 9am to 5pm.
The criteria are:
- Must be a patient of Carrick Medical Centre
- Age 16 and above
- This is a walk-in clinic, no booking is required, please do not phone reception to discuss
- You MUST bring a page with your Name, DOB, PPSN, and Mobile phone number on it
- 3 month interval since your 2nd vaccine (or since your 3rd Vaccine if you are immunocompromised)
-6 month interval since your last vaccine if you have tested Covid positive since your last vaccine
- Please prepare for long queues and dress appropriately as some outside queueing may be necessary
- There is no need to wait for 15 minutes observation after your vaccine
- The HSE will also be running booster clinics by appointment, so if you feel that a walk-in clinic is not suited to your needs, please contact the HSE Vaccination centre to book your Covid booster vaccine.
NEW PREMISES NOW OPEN
Carrick Medical Centre is now located at the New Primary Care Centre, Townparks, Carrick on Shannon, Co Leitrim.
You can now book a free covid test online, on the HSE website. Click here to book your covid test online. Note: this link will bring you to the HSE covid test booking page.
COVID-19 CLOSE CONTACTS
Find out what you need to do if you or your child is a close contact of a person that tests positive for COVID-19. Click this link to find information on what you should do.
If you have had a covid test, and would like to know what to do if you have a positive or negative covid test result, information can be found by clicking this link to the HSE website.
COVID-19 SICK CERTIFICATION
If you wish to discuss covid sick certification, please phone reception with your query.
We do not have any role to play in issuing covid certificates, please contact the HSE in regard to your vaccination certificate.
Make an appointment for our Blood Clinic. Cholersterol, thyroid, liver and kidney function, full blood count, iron levels, prostate cancer, vitamin B, calcium and vitamin D levels. Results are available within one week.
Allergy screening blood tests also available, please discuss with your Doctor.
Skin Biopsy, Minor Surgery and Joint Injections
We can biopsy most suspicious skin lesions, and joints like shoulders, wrists and knees can be injected for relief from pain and stiffness.
Travel Vaccine Clinic
All Travel Vaccinations are available on site in Carrick Medical Centre, including yellow fever documentation.
Click here for more information about the Cervical Cancer Vaccine, Influenza Vaccine, and the new Childhood Vaccination Schedule.
We now perform Venesection (Taking units of blood) for patients with the iron overload condition of Haemochromatosis. There is no fee for DVC or GMS card holders. Please ask at reception.
DR TRISH NOONAN; DR JONATHAN EGAN; DR DAVID GREENE; DR ORLA FITZPATRICK;
Carrick Medical Centre is an affiliated GP training practice with the Sligo GP Training Scheme.
Carrick Medical Centre is located iat the new Primary Care Centre, Townparks, Carrick on Shannon.
We see both private and GMS (medical card and doctor visit card) patients. Our patient list is CURRENTLY CLOSED TO NEW PATIENTS.
Appointments are available from 9.30am to 5pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, and on Wednesday from 9.30am to 1230pm.